- Each student has a personal tutor. There are academic tutors for various subjects.
- Tutoring aims at helping the residents in fostering their qualities in a framework of freedom and responsibility.
- Every student must follow at least 70 hours of internal activities per academic year on professional topics or soft skills.
- ASIRID students follow more hours of courses and spend time on projects assigned by partner companies.
Bedrooms & bathrooms
- The total number of bedrooms, including the staff, is 38.
- All standard students’ rooms are similar in size and appointments. Each room features: a single bed, desk, chair, lamp, sink (with shaver plug and mirror), wardrobe, lockable cupboard for valuables.
- On each floor there are bathrooms with showers, toilets and wash basins.
- Bedrooms and bathrooms are cleaned four or five times per week.
- The bedroom windows have mosquito nets, useful in summer.
Library, study rooms, classroom, lab, auditorium and the Internet
- High speed Wi-Fi is available everywhere in the College and in the garden.
- The library provides residents with a silent study environment: around 2,000 books are available for reading and lending, fully catalogued online.
- Two more study rooms are available and classrooms for internal courses.
- A large one hundred seats auditorium is used for lessons, conferences, concerts, movies.
- There are two classrooms (20-25 students), with 220 VAC (50 Hz) plugs on the tables, with projector and whiteboards.
- In the laboratory there are personal computers connected to a LAN and to the Internet on a 100 Mbps fiber, A3 network color scanner and printer, 3D printer, a number of Arduino and Raspberry Pi 3, sensors, etc.
- The lab hosts the equipment required by the projects run by ASIRID students.
- Everyday after lunch and dinner, a 30 minutes get together takes place in the main lounge as an opportunity to share opinions, experiences and achievements. The lounge is also a TV room for watching programmed broadcasts and watching movies in Italian and in English.
- Other lounges are available for group work or leisure.
Food & Drinks
- The dining hall is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Lunch and dinner are always all together, with fixed menus.
- For religious or medical reasons, special diets can be prepared by the catering staff.
- A small dining room is available for delayed lunches or dinners: meal is prepared for students who are late for University reasons. You can instead choose a packed lunch, delivered in the early morning or at other convenient times.
- Water is drinkable from every tap.
- An espresso coffee machine and a tea pot is available in the small dining room where you can also use a fridge and a microwave oven.
- Small and large towels are provided every weeks. Bed sheets are changed every fortnight.
- The laundry staff takes care of personal laundry every Tuesday, delivering it clean on Friday.
- A small gym for indoor football and general fitness activities is available at any time.
- Open air adjacent football and basketball fields can be booked for group playing.
- A wide garden surrounds the building. Seats and tables are available for studying outdoor.
- Almost once a month the students prepare a dinner barbecue in the garden.
- Parking for cars, motorbikes and bicycles is available.
- Temperature in Bari very seldom reaches 0°C. The average temperature in the coldest month (January) is 8°C, while in the warmest month (July) is 24°C.
- Besides radiators available everywhere, there are cooling and heating systems in the dining room, the library, the main lounge, the oratory, the auditorium, the classroom.
Oratory and spiritual guidance
- The oratory is a place of worship. Mass is celebrated every day by the resident Catholic Chaplain of the Prelature of Opus Dei.
- The students who wish to receive spiritual formation and guidance can attend special events and lessons as well as talking with the Chaplain.